Monday, September 21, 2009

Frutta

A few days ago I discovered a fresh fruit and vegetable stand near our apartment. It's a few blocks away, and basically you walk into a store that's all open on the inside except for rows and rows of tables covered with produce.

The selection was endless and I couldn't believe how cheap everything was. And if I weren't already impressed enough, I was definitely sold when I saw that they had pomegranates! They're my favorite but are usually hard to find at home, and when I do find them at home they're usually $2 each.

So I got two pomegranates, a big bunch of grapes, four plums and a bag of chopped mixed vegatables...



...for 6 euro (which is equivalent to $8.80). Amazing! And it is all sooo delicious and fresher than the fruit and veggies that they sell in the supermarkets here.

I am going to go there for all of my produce now, especially because it will save me money in the long run. And I made friends with one of the workers...he barely spoke any english but he told me that his name is Lido and asked me where I was from. When I said New Jersey, he had no idea what I was talking about, but as soon as I clarified with "America" he knew right away. Hah!

3 comments:

linanne said...

ahhh your fest looked like so much fun. Danielle, did you ever think you would have such an appreciation for fruit? They do it right over there. Less is best. But with quality, and effort. enjoy your stay. Love aunt Linda xoxo

Danielle said...

I've always loved fruit, but you're right...I never thought I'd be so happy about buying it! Haha...it's the little things here, really...everything is so much more simple!

Anonymous said...

your fruit story is fab. and it looks delicious. we need to skype asap. we have so much dramzz to fill you in on! miss you betch

laur taur