Thursday, September 10, 2009

Il parco

There is a park that is a five minute walk from my apartment and a few days ago I had some time in between classes so I decided to check it out. It is HUGE, and so pretty. I had about a half hour to kill so I was only able to see about a quarter of the park...but what I did see was gorgeous. Sometime soon I'm going to head back and check out the rest. It was so quiet and peaceful -- hard to believe it's in the middle of Rome!

Fountain right when you walk in



Really cute little building near the entrance



Pond in the center





One of the many pretty plants



Long walkway





These trees are all over Rome





Stairs that lead to the second level



Flowers on the second level






This picture just screams "Italy" to me :) Reminds me of a vineyard



Single flower growing through the grass



View of AUR (my school) from the second level of the park



Self portrait right before I left

2 comments:

linanne said...

It's all so beautiful. I'm glad your going to school that surrounds you with beauty. I think that someday I'd like to go to Rome and see it all for myself. But for now I'll enjoy seeing it through your camera lens. Love, Aunt LindaXXX

dbove said...

I feel the same way...I love reading your blog.... I am living vicariously thru you and loving it... When I am ready for my trip to Italy I will rely on your suggestions... Where to stay..where to eat... where to visit... keep us posted...Enjoy Every Minute and needless to say...have a gellato for me!!
Love Dolores